Gatlinburg Firefighters Association Child Passenger Safety Seat Program
The Gatlinburg Fire Fighters Association is able to install car seats for Gatlinburg and Sevier County residents on an appointment only basis - No walk-ins please.
If you are not a Sevier County resident, you may visit the Safe Kids website at www.safekids.org for a list of additional car seat fitting stations.
Please consider the following information before scheduling:
- Donations are accepted at the time of your appointment to keep the car seat program in operation.
- Firefighters/Car Seat Technicians are sometimes moved from one station to another; therefore, the location of your appointment may change. Should this occur, you will be notified by phone of the location change.
- Please bring your car seat manual, vehicle manual, and child along with you, if possible.
- Limit one (1) car seat per appointment.
- Each appointment lasts 30 to 40 minutes to allow for: inspection of seat, installation, and required educational information.
- If you are expecting a baby, it is best to schedule your appointment for at least one (1) month prior to the anticipated due date.
- You must call a half hour prior to your appointment time to confirm your appointment. If there is no answer, please do not come to the station, your technician will call you at the number you indicated. Please note most of our technicians are also Firefighter Paramedics and may have to respond to emergency calls prior to, or during, your car seat appointment. In these situations, every effort will be made to reschedule your appointment in a timely manner.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact your technician at: 865 436-5112
To schedule an appointment please email us or call (865) 436-5112
GFA Child Passenger Safety Technicians:
Steve Ebb (A Shift)
Amanda Perryman (B Shift)
David Puckett (C Shift)
East TN Children’s Hospital safe kids program for additional safety information
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration child safety information