The Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office urges Tennessee homeowners to make sure they have working smoke alarms in their homes. Contact Gatlinburg Fire Department today to ask about installing a free smoke alarm through our “Get Alarmed, Tennessee!” smoke alarm program.
This program is a free, in-home fire safety education and smoke alarm installation program that has been attributed to saving over 272 lives. Launched in November 2012, the program distributes fire safety education and 10-year sealed battery smoke alarms to participating fire departments. The fire departments then deliver the education and install smoke alarms in at-risk homes across the state.
Gatlinburg Fire Department offers free smoke alarm installations in non-commercial residences within our coverage area. Please contact us
We will ask you to fill out this form to receive smoke detectors for your home GFA Smoke Alarm Waiver
Request a FREE Smoke Alarm:
You may request a smoke alarm if you meet the following conditions:
• You do not already have working smoke alarms in your home.
• The smoke alarms in your home are more than 10 years old.
• You reside on the property in which you are requesting alarms.
• The home is not new construction (new residential construction is ineligible for the program.
– Alarms are not and will not be connected to an existent electrical alarm company system. Residents should contact their alarm company to have the existing alarms replaced/repaired.
Gatlinburg Fire Department personnel must install smoke alarm at residence within our response area. No smoke detectors will be given without installation.